OMG THESE ARE GREAT!!! Requires a double batch cause they are that good!
Originally from: http://thefitchen.com/2013/08/29/sweet-potato-hash-browns/
- 2 medium sweet potatoes [peeled and shredded]
- ¼ c. sweet white onion [chopped]
- 4 garlic cloves [minced]
- 1½ Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ c. gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil for frying
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes, then shred them. Using a colander, rinse the sweet potatoes until the water runs mostly clear. Squeeze the rinsed potatoes to remove excess water and empty them into a medium bowl.
- Add onion, flour, garlic, salt, pepper, and 1½ tablespoons of olive oil to the sweet potatoes and mix everything well.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil to a cast iron or regular skillet and heat on medium-high. Test the pan by tossing in a couple of sweet potato shreds — if it crackles, the pan is ready. Use a ¼ cup to measure the sweet potato into the pan and then use a spatula to flatten them out.
- Cook for 3 minutes, then flip and cook for 2 more. You may need to vary the cooking time depending on your skillet and stove. Golden to medium brown and crispy is what you’re going for.
- As you finish the patties, remove them from the skillet and allow them to cool for a few minutes on a paper towel-lined plate
Can be cooked on the BBQ
Quiet a strong garlic flavor so adjust to taste.